The 2023 ERME RFA is now CLOSED.
The North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the Northeast, Southern and Western regional ERME centers announces the availability of grant funds and requests the submission of applications. This funding opportunity focuses on educational projects designed to help agricultural producers improve their economic viability through targeted risk management strategies. The Center expects to award grants through two program areas‚ Education Grants and Producers Underserved by Crop Insurance Grants.
Proposed educational programming should address any of the five areas of risk: production, marketing, financial, legal or human. The maximum amount of requested funding shall not exceed $50,000. The North Central Center will consider applications in two categories: 1) Standard Education Projects (awards of up to $50,000) and 2) Exploratory Projects (awards of up to $5,000) to support planning, development, and piloting efforts that are expected to lead to a future educational project.
These will be 18-month projects to be conducted between April 1, 2023 - September 30, 2024.
Producers Underserved by Crop Insurance Grants
This program area is specifically designated for the delivery of risk management education to agricultural producers underserved by the Federal crop insurance program; with proposed educational programming that aligns with one or more of the five areas of risk: production, marketing, financial, legal, or human. The maximum amount of requested funding shall not exceed $100,000 for 18-month projects to be conducted between April 1, 2023 and September 30, 2024.
The North Central Center held an Applicant Webinar on October 4, 2022 at 10:00 AM CST.
For a copy of the webinar presentation click here.
To watch a recording of the webinar, please click this link.
Please email: email@example.com if you need further information.
Recent needs assessment reports provide some insight into issues and challenges facing agricultural producers at the present time and some supporting material behind the priority issues identified in the RFA.
How to Apply
- RFA: Download and read the 2023 North Central ERME RFA thoroughly depending on your plans for submission.
- Resources: View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 4. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Create New Account” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- RVS: Login to RVS (rvs.umn.edu) using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Application, select “Start New Project Application” to see all available funding opportunities. Click the “North Central ERME” tab to see all North Central funding opportunities.
- Category: Select the appropriate grant category (2023 Education Projects, 2023 Exploratory Projects, or 2023 Producers Underserved by Crop Insurance Projects) and click “Apply for this Grant”.
- Enter the project information, including: Project Title; Project Director email, Institution Mailing Address, and Financial Contact. You will have the opportunity to edit or update this information once you have created the application.
- Complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the question mark (?) icon.
- Exploratory Project Instructions: If you are completing an Exploratory Project application, review these special instructions to assist you in completing the application.
Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the "My Projects" page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Important Dates for Funding Process
- October 4, 2022: Applicant Informational Webinar, 10:00 AM CDT.
- November 17, 2022: All applications are due on-line no later than 5:00 PM CST.
- February 10, 2023: Award Notification.